SEPTEMBER 27-28, 2019
In collaboration with Dr. JAY HARRIS LEVY, DDS
LOCATION: Portland, OR
Mastery of dental occlusion is prerequisite to acquiring the confidence to build your ideal dental practice. The first step on the pathway to mastery of occlusion is acquiring a strong conceptual understanding of its scientific basis. Restorative dentistry and orthodontics always change the patient’s dental occlusion whether the dentist is aware of it or not. Even minute changes to the height or shape or the position of a tooth, change force patterns on the entire masticatory system. In turn, every change in force patterns impacts oromotor behavior.
This course guides attendees through the scientific principles that are the foundation of dental occlusion. It will provide a deep understanding of neurophysiological, anatomical and biomechanical principles that dictate how and where the teeth occlude, facilitating the treatment of simple and complex dental problems such as bruxism, clenching, TMD and sleep apnea.
– Understand the neurophysiological mechanisms that regulate occlusion
– Identify the signs and symptoms of occlusal dysfunction
– Understand the anatomical and biomechanical parameters that govern jaw movements
– Recognize the differences between mechanoreception, proprioception and sensory motor integration
– Learn how the biomechanics of malocclusion causes tooth wear and abfractions
– Appreciate the functional anatomy of the TMJs, AOJs, and muscles of the head, neck and pharynx
– Understand the pathological processes underlying TMD, bruxism and sleep disorders
– Understand the relationship between malocclusion and breathing problems
– Learn why creating ideal dental anatomy should be the goal of every treatment plan
– Learn how to develop a phased approach to treatment
– Develop the skills for effective treatment communication
Friday, September 27, 2019, 7:30AM- 6:00PM
Includes breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Saturday September 28, 2019, 8:00AM- 6:00PM
Includes breakfast and lunch.
1.800 USD (Early Bird when booked by June 15, 2019)
2.000 USD Regular Fee
Dr. JAY HARRIS LEVY, DDS
CE CREDITS: 16